Prioritising What Matters Most: Your Dreams vs God's Will

Prioritising What Matters Most: Your Dreams vs God's Will

Jesus doesn't say “Follow your dreams or purpose”; He says, “Follow Me!” - Matthew 4:19

As the year closes, I know many of you are praying to do God and asking for direction for the New Year. And yes, God has a plan and a purpose for you and it is good.

Dreams can be good. They can be good if they are used as a vehicle that drives us to do wonderful things for God.

But dreams can also be bad. They can be bad if they are the object of our affection and a path to personal fulfillment, satisfaction, and even personal value.

"What do you love more, your dream or God?"

Our dreams can NOT become our primary focus. Otherwise, God becomes a means to an end. And our dream, which were meant to be a form of worship to God, becomes our god.

When our dreams or goals becomes the main focus of our lives and that which gives us meaning and value, they have taken God’s rightful place.

And how do you tell if your dream has become an idol? Watch what makes you happy. Watch what determines how you spend your time and money.

Our purpose in Christ is where our dreams and our callings meets. Our purpose in Christ is the main focus.

Paul said, "that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death; If by any means."

When we place our focus straight on Jesus, He shows us who we are and we fit right into our purpose.

And nothing will truly make us happy, fulfilled and complete  accept God. He never changes and He is faithful.

That is why so many of us are tired and burnt out. We have been chasing our dreams and purpose at the expense of our relationships with God. That is why God allowed the dream to die because they became idols.

Where you are now, Jesus sees you. He is calling you to put all you trust in Him – hand it over – and stop trusting your education, your talent, your charisma and connections. He is calling you to die so that you can rise in Him.

“It is the Lord Christ you are serving" -  Colossians 3:23-25

So before the year end, make sure that you establish yourself in Him first. Seek Him First.

Knowing Him intimately must be our goal. Before the year ends, let us purpose to be defined by who we are in Him and versus what we do for Him.

PRAYER

Heavenly Father, your name and your character are perfect. Let your Kingdom come, let your will for my life become in my life, just like it is in heaven. Whatever you dreamed of me, let it come to pass. Whatever you thought of when you created me, that's what I want.  And I know that your thoughts for me are good. Your will for my life is perfect. I re-dedicated my life to the Lord Jesus Christ who paid for my sins. Reveal to me my gift and show me the problem I was born to solve. Give me Grace to obey your will in Jesus name. Amen

No comments

Powered by Blogger.